DrillSmith specialises in geotechnical investigation, drilling of earth stakes, environmental drilling and project management.
DrillSmith is based in Kapunda South Australia, an hour drive north of Adelaide, we service South Australia and further afield.
Call Leon Dickinson 0428877343
Recent projects involved geotechnical drilling at Weipa (Far North Queensland), geotechnical investigations in Central Arhnem Land and Croker Island (off the coast of the Norther Territory).
Our rig is especially suited to restricted access sites where conventional drill rigs cant fit.
Typical geotechnical projects are associated with telecommunication towers, tanks, etc. Earth stake drilling is associated with telecommunications and sub-stations infrastructure.
- OH&S aware
- Hold nationally accredited “White Cards”
- Maintain various company inductions including:
- Rio Tinto (Weipa and Amrun)
- Consolidated Power Projects
And have have completed:
- Apply First Aid and CPR training
- 4WD and defensive driver training
- SA Work Zone Traffic Management
- VOC to operate drill rig
- Apply Risk Management Processes training
- DBYD Certified Locator
- Operate under WHS Management Plan that is compliant with the requirements of AS/NZ 4801 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Have SWMS for work activities
- Complete “Take 5” before commencing work
- Have a plant maintenance register
- Maintain a staff training register
- Hold $20M public liability cover
- Hold $2M professional indemnity insurance
- Mine compliant drill rig, trailer and 4×4 Mitsubishi Canter truck
- Maintain contact with our customers on remote projects using our Telstra satellite phone
We pride ourselves in working with customers to achieve their project goals.